Ironman Boulder

Monday, June 10, 2013

6.10.13 Ironman Buffalo Springs T-20 Days

This is rest day for my legs so the only workout today was my Monday 2400 yard swim.  A woman named Crystal who I have overlapping workouts with from time to time is doing Ironman Cozumel.  I see her husband quite a bit as well and he was at the pool this morning.  We were talking about races he was going to do this summer.  Kind of got me thinking about Buffalo Springs in more detail.  I had a rough swim a month ago in Austin and am going to get another crack in the open water this Sunday.  I hope this goes better as I feel some anxiety creeping into my head for the swim at BSLT.  I like the swims that are warmer but wetsuit legal.  The wetsuit is very boyant and is sort of a nice security blanket.  I don't want cold water, anything but that.  It jacks with my breathing and heart rate.  Buffalo Springs is just what it sounds like, spring fed and the water is cool.  I hope the west texas sun gets the temps up to something reasonable.  This weekend I will get a better feel for where I am in the open water.  It's a short swim at 500m but should be a good gauge on pacing and my ability to quiet my nerves.  I would like to get a few training runs in at Grapevine before Buffalo Springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment