Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

3.6.13

This morning was a swim workout at the CARC.  2300 yards with alot of speed work in it.  I felt a little sluggish to start but it quickly faded and I had a good strong swim today.  After the run last night, I took a potassium pill and a Shark Salt to make sure I didn't cramp in the pool.  I was in a rush this afternoon after work.  I had to get my bike inspected in case I decide to do the Mean Green on March 17.  After I got home, I pulled out the trainer for an hour ride.  An hour is about all I can really take on that thing without going insane.  I followed Jeff's plan.  I have to admit that the plan he puts together is easier to follow on the trainer than it is out on the roads.  Since you don't have hills or wind to deal with, it's easier to maintain consistent hard efforts and recovery.  Tomorrow will be a tough run in the morning and things ease up a bit the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment