Ironman Boulder

Sunday, March 31, 2013

3.31.13 Easter Run

It was a tough day today emotionally.  My daughter went back to school today and we took her to the airport this morning.  When she's there, we all get in a rhythm and I don't think about it too much.  However, when she comes home it's good to see her and it's sad when she leaves.  We had a storm this morning that just missed us on the way to the airport.  With all the rain yesterday and some today, the trail was closed.  I was going to miss Rich and Joe.  They needed to be done earlier today.  Once we got home from the airport, I couldn't really get myself motivated to run until I knew Meghan was back in Minneapolis safely.  I finally got it together and headed out around 2pm.  No trails today so back to the hard concrete.  I wasn't trying to set any records today and my left knee has had some stiffness and swelling.  I started with a 8 mile route I use around Coppell and planned to adjust from there.  I was running at around 9 minute mile pace.  When I got to the park, I headed in to add some distance.  I think I ended up running around 8.8 miles in one hour and twenty minutes.  My knee still feels a little stiff after the run.  Didn't see many people out running.  Probably because it was Easter.  The park was full of people with tents up cooking out and enjoying the weather.  It finally feels like spring today.  Today was a big departure from last weekend where it was in the 40s with rain and hail.  There is usually one last kick to the nuts in April from a cold perspective but I think the corner is turned.  It's our dogs birthday today, so Happy Birthday Cinco De Mayo!

 

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/291423012

No comments:

Post a Comment