Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

3.5.13 Track Workout

More speed work today.  It was kind of cold this morning but the winds were like 25mph.  I decided to wait until tonight to run again.  At some point the weather will turn for the better but it seems like the interminable winter will never end.  Tonight's plan from Jeff was a warm up mile, 4 1600s at 7:40-7:50 pace with 400 recoveries in between, and a cool down mile.  Jeff is putting the screws to me the rest of the week as I will be out of town for the weekend and will not be working out.  My 1600s were good tonight as my pace was 7:49, 7:37, 7:37, and 7:46.  The last one was a bit of a struggle but I made it ok.  The wind was still pretty strong tonight but the temps were better than the morning.  My hamstrings are still a little tender after the speed work.  I cramped a little on my cool down mile.  I need to be more cognizant of my water intake during the day and probably should get on my Shark salt and potassium pills.  I didn't work out yesterday.  I had a business meeting at the Travis County Sheriffs Department and had to drive to Austin and back yesterday.  Left early and got home late so I skipped out yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment