Ironman Boulder

Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend before Race

Friday was an off day and much needed rest. Saturday, I went over a mile for the first time in the water. 1800 yds. Averaged about 2:25 per hundred so that isn't too bad. I went home after the swim and ate some lunch before embarking on a 4 mile run. Eating something kind of heavy was not a good idea and I was pretty spent from the swim. I finished the 4 miles but it was very difficult. Times were about what I have been doing at 11 minutes a mile but I was very tired and my body tried to make me stop. Between swimming and running it took about an hour and a half. I am hoping that will be the total time for the Mean Green on Sunday morning. This should be a taper week so I will scale down training a bit this week. Did a 20 mile bike ride on Sunday. Wind seemed to be in my face in either direction. Had to change a flat before we started and lost a chain in about the 5th mile. Discovered using the big gear improves my speed alot on the downhills and with the wind. For the race, I plan on using the big gear exclusively. Today should be an off day. Patty went with Meghan to San Antonio over the weekend so she may want to do something today. Will have to wait and see. I am 6 days away so ready or not, the race is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment