Ironman Boulder

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Saturday Brick

Took Friday off. Saturday included a brick of swim and run. We swam first. I decided to do 400 yards as if it was race day. I use the clock next to the pool and believe I did the 400 in about 8:30 minutes which is around a 2:10 pace per 100. I usually do the training swims at about 2:30. I took a brief rest and finished out 800 yards putting me at 1200 for the day. Another distance record for my training. Swimming is pretty comfortable for me right now. Running was next after we drove home from the aquatic center. We ran a loop that goes about 3.3 miles. I hate running and last night was no exception. The first mile is the toughest and then things settle in and I am fine. Ever since my trachiotomy a few years ago my lungs have never quite been the same and running is where it shows up most. After a period of time, everything seems to open up and I get into a groove. Biking today. Cold front passed through last night and the winds are supposed to be 5-10mph. A nice break for March. Every ride for the past few weeks has been 20+ in the wind department. We will try to go to the home depot and back which is about 15.5 miles round trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment