Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Long Run

T minus 11 days and counting for the Mean Green Triathalon.  I'm starting to get a little worried that I won't be able to finish the run.  I mean running the whole way.  I am confident the finish line will be in sight at some point.  Next week is more of a taper week so I decided to push the limits on the run yesterday.  We finished a four mile loop and I decided to tack on an extra mile.  It took everything I had but I did finish the five miles and maintained pace.  Not fast pace but I did maintain.  My wind and stamina were good but my legs were letting me down a little.  I know each element on its own can be finished without a problem but having never put it together there are little doubts that creep into your mind.  Work has been a mess for the past month so it has been a struggle to get the training in but I have managed to keep going and stay on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment