Ironman Boulder

Thursday, June 28, 2012

6.28.12 Tempo Run

Today, I was supposed to run about 6 miles at a variety of speeds.  Tuesday night, I had to work all night.  When I got home about 7am, I was able to get in the bike and swim workouts during the day.  I was really tired and overslept slightly.  I only had time to do 4 miles this morning at a more intense pace.  I did a mile warm up at around 9:45, a 5k pace mile at 7:52, a 10k pace mile at 8:24, and a cool down mile at 9:22.  I remember when running a 9-10 minute range mile was really hard work.  Thursday's, by the way, are the worst day of the week for me and traditionally a little slow.  My body is recovering from the work done all week and I usually struggle running on Thursday.  I probably would have had the same issues today had I done the full 6 miles.  Tomorrow I am doing all three (swim/bike/run).  Interested to see how this affect my 3-4 hour bike ride on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment