Ironman Boulder

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Training 6.29.12 and 6.30.12

6.29:  Yesterday morning, I swam my 2200 workout in about 51 minutes.  It included alot of speed work with longer rests.  I felt good and my fast 100s were in the 1:40 range.  I have changed my stroke some based on some reading and instructional video.  Seems to be working and I am more efficient in the water.  After work, I did an easy 40 minute ride followed by a 20 minute easy run.  I didn't know how this would affect my long ride on 6.30 (Saturday).  My running miles were about 9:30 miles and seemed effortless.  I remember last year when a 9:30 mile was alot work.  I have come a long way in a year.

6.30:  My friend Justin went out with me this morning for the first half of my bike ride this morning.  I covered a little over 50 miles in a little over 3 hours.  I felt a tweak in my groin about 30 miles in and really didn't push my pace.  I was supposed to push my pace for 5 minute intervals this morning but that was kind of lost.  Had Triberry Gels every 30 minutes, a shark salt tab about half way in, one bottle of accelerade and three bottles of water for the 3 hour ride.  Felt good except the groin.  Weather seemed to cooperate and it wasn't too hot.  We started at 6am so we beat most of the heat.  It was good to have Justin around this morning.  It's always great to have someone with you to pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment