Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

3.18.14 Taper for Grasslands

I'm not following the Boulder plan everyone else is on this week due to the Grasslands race on Saturday morning.  Jeff put me on a little bit of a taper for my legs this week.  Instead of speed work, I ran around 5.5 miles at half marathon pace for the most part.  Started a little slow to warm up on the first mile but finished at a decent sustainable pace for a half distance race.  All of those miles were in the low 9s which would translate to a very good result for me.  Of course, Grasslands is usually home to a North Texas weather event on trails which is highly unpredictable.  So far the forecast is good so I feel good about the race this week.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/463276563

Monday, I gave the legs a rest from impact and only swam.  It was 2700 yards but had a lot of kickboard which is good for strengthening the legs but takes a lot out of you.  A little fatigued from the weekend but covered the distance without much issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment