Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

3.11.14 Track Run

Finally, I ran in shorts and a tech shirt today.  Temps were in the low 50s with a 8mph wind from the south.  Gate was locked at the track so I had to get the ladder out and scale the fence again this week.  Once again, I was flying solo at the track with the exception of a few rabbits that seem to dart out in front of me every so often.  1 mile warm up, 6x(800 at 5k pace -5 seconds with 90 second recovery), 1200 (first 400 moderate, second 400 mod/hard, third 400 hard), and a one mile cool down.  The 800s were tough.  I tried to keep them under 8 minute mile pace and was successful.  The 1200 was really hard at the end.  My last 400 was the fastest lap of the day.  Top end speed is still a work in progress but I'm feeling good so far.  The miles have been longer distances as time moves along and I'm sure that will continue.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/459126535

No comments:

Post a Comment