Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

5.22.13 Wednesday Double

Today is the Wednesday swim/bike double.  I have really been tinkering with my swim stroke and trying to get more power.  Today I was moving pretty good.  I was turning some 1:40 hundreds today.  I wouldn't be able to sustain that pace in a triathlon but it is a step in the right direction.  I covered the 2400 yards in about 50 minutes today.  Doing some of the swim with fins probably accelerated the time to completion.  I was able to turn 1:25 hundreds with the fins.  Too bad you can't sneak them in for a race.  This evening I took the route out to Murrell Park at Lake Grapevine and back.  I can remember a few years ago that would take me almost two hours to complete.  I set another PR out to the lake today.  I made it to the turnaround in a little less than 43 minutes and slightly faster on the way back averaging 18.3mph.  This includes stop signs and lights so that is pretty damn fast for me.  I seem to be breaking through a ceiling lately when it comes to the bike.  I'm kind of excited about that.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/316780450

No comments:

Post a Comment