Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

1.2.13 New Year Begins

Today was the first workout day of the year and it was busy.  Started the morning at boot camp.  It was pretty tough since the days have not been regular with the holidays.  Jeff sent me a plan for this week yesterday.  He is dialing up the intensity this month.  I had a one hour swim and a 3 mile run.  I couldn't work all of this in this morning so I had to go to the Aquatic Center tonight.  Got to the pool at about 8pm and swam 2400 yards.  I was supposed to go 2700 but the pool closes at 9pm and I didn't quite get the whole workout in.  When I was done, I changed clothes and ran 3 miles on the treadmill.  The treadmill sucks.  Maybe the worst possible way to run on the planet but it was cold and I was there so I went ahead and sucked it up.  Plus, I could watch the dumb Gators tank it in the Sugar Bowl while I ran.  Kept the pace comfortable.  I think the treadmill said I was running at 9:31 pace.  On the plus side, we reconfigured the Christmas lights in the front of the house.  Have to get ready for the BCS Championship game on Monday.  Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment