Ironman Boulder

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday 7.29.12

I woke up a little late this morning.  Too much late night Olympic watching yesterday.  My run didn't start this morning until about 8:20am.  It had to be mid to high 80s when I took off on the run.  I was supposed to do an easy 45-60 minute run today and ended up going about 67 minutes covering 7.13 miles.  I decided to incorporate some hills today so I took a new route.  I went south on MacArthur to Bethel School road.  There are several hills on the way down and a few fairly steep rolling hills on Bethel School.  I took Heartz back to Parkway and then home.  I had no idea how long this was since I have never used this route.  I have ridden it for shorter bike training.  I took a shark salt before leaving and a Powerbar Gel.  I am out of Honey Stinger gels so had to buy some of the Powerbar Gels last night until I can get to the bike shop.  I went ahead and loaded up my fuel belt with water and took another gel and shark salt with me for the run.  Felt good on the run at a steady pace.  Despite the hills, I maintained consistent pacing.  About 40 minutes in, I walked for about a minute to take another shark salt and get my gel in.  The splits will show a long mile but it was due to the short nutrition break while the clock was running.  The heat did start to get to me some in the last mile but I was able to maintain pace.  It was a nice route that I may use again.  I usually run with either Joe or Rich on Sunday.  They are both out of town.  I know Joe is out again next week and I'll have to see if Rich is back.  I have about 4 more weeks of heat to deal with before we usually get a break in the heat for the year in Dallas.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/204321203

Mile 1:  9:12
Mile 2:  9:08
Mile 3:  9:16
Mile 4:  9:23
Mile 5:  10:25
Mile 6:  9:24
Mile 7:  9:23 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment