Ironman Boulder

Monday, July 2, 2012

Lap Swim Workout 7.2.12

Monday is a day off for my legs.  I only swim on Mondays and typically swim in the morning.  Today was no different.  I got to the pool about 6:30am.  My swim workout was 2500 yards in length and lasted about 65 minutes.  A new drill was introduced today.  The catch up drill with a stick.  I couldn't find a stick so I used a tennis ball.  I don't think it matters as long as you have something to hand off from one hand to the next.  It felt really weird with the hand off.  I did 6 sets of 50 yards with the ball.  The rest of the workout was the usual combination of stuff.  There was alot of kickboard work early and my legs are feeling a little heavy after the workout.  The women in the lane next to me must have had a garlic laden meal last night.  You could smell it coming from her lane.  Definitely incentive to keep on moving along.  It's getting pretty busy at the pool these day.  Maybe it's the Olympics that are coming and people are seeing it on TV.  I don't know.  I don't want to resort to the 5am swim.  I really hate early mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment