Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

7.30.13 Track Run (Sort of)

Tuesday is usually a track workout and that is what I got from Jeff.  However, I wasn't feeling great after the trip so I made an attempt to create the workout from the house.  I measured around our block and it is .4 miles to make one loop.  My workout called for a warm up mile, 5x 800 at 3:35-3:45 with 2-3 minute recovery, and a cool down mile.  Easy enough.  I backed up one tenth from my house and ran a half mile before backing up down the street to do the next interval.  I'm sure anyone looking outside was wondering why I kept running by at 6:30am.  I doubt anyone was really paying attention.  My pace was good and I was faster than the designed time.  All of my laps were in the 3:25-3:32 range.  I didn't remember what I was supposed to do actually and just ran at about 90%.  It was hard but I was encouraged with the times.  I think my legs are finally coming back to me.  Hopefully, I will be back for the race on Sunday.  Nice improvisation today.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/350663578

No comments:

Post a Comment