Ironman Boulder

Friday, July 4, 2014

7.2.14 Swim/Bike

Swam this morning at the CARC.  3600 yards.  Arms and shoulders were a little tired towards the end but I felt fast.  Modified some of the sets to suit my taste but I didn't divert too far off plan.  Swimming has me the most bugged out for Boulder so the more confidence, the better.  I called Jeff this morning about the weekend.  I can't ride on Saturday alone.  He asked me how I was doing.  Tired, I told him.  He asked if I dreaded any of the workouts.  I told him only the century rides on Saturday.  I think Jeff and Doug are going to ride with me on Saturday.  They are faster but he is recovering after winning his age group at Buffalo Springs so that will probably work.  Jeff wanted me to scale back slightly going into Saturday.  I intended to pull back some on the ride after work.  Road construction on part of the Jeter loop slowed us down.  I went with Ralph and Marcel.  Ended up having to walk the bike across a section of road that is now gravel.  Turned the ride into two hours for the 31 miles.  Quads are tired.  I'm fine on flats but summoning power on hills is a little rough right now.  I am about 10 days from finishing the hard work before the taper.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/#activity/533426425

No comments:

Post a Comment